Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday Zeitgeist

Tuesday Trivia at the EBC again last night and it rocked. Jess hosted the show with her usual flair and then she kindly shouted us some beer and at some stage groped her left boob. I can't actually remember what the conversation was about to get to the point of boob groping ... but then again, I am easily distracted by boobs. And groping, for that matter. Suffice to say the collective brain crush may have moved south at about this time.

Oh, and we came second. The fact that this week Charlie and I had team mates who know what the hell is going on was a definite bonus. And I won two free jugs. Because what I need more of on a school night is beer.

Zeitgeist is rather small this week, because I have been slack.
  • Tvangeste: "Where Metal Meets Symphony..."
  • The suicides of three detainees at the US base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, amount to acts of war, the US military says.
    Rear Adm Harris said he did not believe the men had killed themselves out of despair. “They are smart. They are creative, they are committed,” he said. “They have no regard for life, either ours or their own. I believe this was not an act of desperation, but an act of asymmetrical warfare waged against us.”
  • A top US official has described the suicides of three detainees at the US base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, as a good PR move to draw attention.
  • The Blue Stingrays are wicked.
  • One of my favourite films ever is Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes.
  • New analysis of the language and gesture of South America’s indigenous Aymara people indicates they have a concept of time opposite to all the world’s studied cultures — so that the past is ahead of them and the future behind.
  • Ternary Logic.
  • MySpace is fucking massive.
    MySpace has 75 million users (see somewhat dated comparison stats here), 15 million daily unique logins, is growing by a massive 240,000 new users per day, and is generating nearly 30 billion monthly page views (that’s 10,593 page views per second).
  • MySpace also depresses the hell out of me, because it is shit. I can and have written much better systems ...MySpace has a user interface that is like being stabbed in the head. But MySpace was sold for $750 million ...
  • prosecutors said the man had given a patchy account of events, acknowledging that he may have “administered” a Bockwurst to the woman
  • Jade Axes Proof of Vast Ancient Caribbean Network, Experts Say: Scientists say they have traced 1,500-year-old axe blades found in the eastern Caribbean to ancient jade mines in Central America 1,800 miles away
  • Michael Jackson and two of his costume designers obtained a US patent (US5255452) in 1993 on "Methods and Means for Creating Anti Gravity Illusion".
  • I don't know:

  • Sexed Robots:
    The sexed robots are autonomous wheeled platforms fitted with nylon genital organs, respectively male and female. They are programmed to explore their environment, occasionally entering a "in heat" mode, where they will try and locate a partner in the same state. If a partner is located, the robots will attempt to mate.
  • The future is behind us! And it's awesome.
  • Thought for the day:
    Live Every Day As If You're Dying Of A Contagious Disease That Turns People You Bite Into Zombies
  • I can't tell you how happy I am to have used the word boob so flagrantly this week.

22 comments:

la nadine said...

I can't actually remember what the conversation was about to get to the point of boob groping...

one thing you need to know about jessculture:

THE CONVERSATION WILL ALWAYS END IN BOOB GROPING!

hers, or others.

whether its sex, politics or the weather, she will find a way to relate it back to bappage.

she's just like my friend 'andrew the boob toucher' in that way. except female. and pretty.

_nothing_ said...

And upon reflection I think we may have all pashed last night as we left the East Brunswick.

This weekend is getting scarier by the minute ...

_nothing_ said...

and ... um ...

Andrew the Boob Toucher?

la nadine said...

aw, your first pash party.

bless.

'andrew the boob toucher' is a good friend of mine, well he's a good drinking bud at least, and he is one of few allowed to touch my baps as he pleases.

wrong, but true.

Tammiodo said...

Does Andrew the Boob Toucher have a business card? I'd imagine his initial introduction doesn't include a summary of his services...?

Jess said...

HA! Boob gropes and pashing. Or as we at the EBC like to call it - trivia with a personal touch...

Also, today hurts.

Jess said...

PS: Nadsy, I cannot WAIT to pash you\grab yer rack tomorrow. Pretty, indeed! x

la nadine said...

andrew the boob toucher does not have a business card, but he damn well should.

as should his friends mike the rack grabber and cyrus the crotch groper.

and jess, the pleasure will be all mine, miss thang.

elaine said...

I think you may have had the better end of the deal coming second, Tt.

A bottle of red as opposed to luke-cold VB.

Trust me, there's only good to come out of boob groping and pash parties.

elaine said...

ps congratulations on second.

pps Those were some pretty girls you were sitting with. And they got prettier after jess joined in.

_nothing_ said...

Yeah, although watching schmoopy and schmoopy make moon-eyes at each other was all a bit much.

Ah. Wuv. What can you do?

And ... ! You were sitting behind us? Can't believe you didn't say hello.

mskp said...

tobytoby, i'm pretty sure i specifically requested the grope, with an offer to return the favour [that i never made good on].

i love trivia tuesday.

la nadine said...

look at your bad self!

all these women wanting you to pash and grope them.

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS, BUSTER!

_nothing_ said...

Unfortunately twas nothing to do with me. I was just watching the ladies get their grope on.

elaine said...

maybe I felt shy? Or was in stealth mode or something.

Or didn't want to rub it in. Hey buster! Look we won. Again. style.

post trivia: hello.

btw. am also feeling the scare re: this weekend.

Bonnie Conquest said...

Shuddup with the schmoopy stuff, awright! What am I supposed to do? Reserve myself?
....and I thought I was the only one who pashed jess on exit... guess that's what happens when you run away home....

Tammiodo said...

That's got to be the most interesting sounding trivia night I've ever not been to... dammit.

richardwatts said...

I so wanna come to trivia next Tuesday - which is payday, so even better for me! Can I come, please, pretty please, can I, huh?

Sorry, I'll go back to being reserved and ironic now.

*drifts away stroking chin with head tilted to left going hmmmmm*

_nothing_ said...

Richard, you are very cordially invited. But payday is dangerous as the last two weeks have been rather late and inebriated. Just so you're forewarned.

And Tam, I was sure you'd come along, but I guess you've been sick, so that's OK. Definitely should come next week.

Tammiodo said...

Ooh ooh I'm looking forward to meeting some other nerdy blogger-type people. I guess I can wait til next week. Can someone please remind me on Monday? I'm hopeless (at remembering what's on, and just hopeless in general).

dell said...

oooo the brain crush moves south... watch it miss jess... it sounds like fun for all the trivia nerds and also like the coming weekend will be rather eventful...

see you there

richardwatts said...

Hurrah!

(word verification for this post is 'caspers' - the only time verrification has offered me a real word!)