Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday Sunny Monday

Sunshine this morning and slightly too fast on the bike to work. I may have even emitted a whoop! as I thrashed along. At work, contemplating the view of the city in sunshine, blasting The Samuel Jackson Five (my new favourite band). Life is bloody good sometimes, don't you think?

Weekend was looooong. No Crush, as she abandoned me to go to Canberra for the weekend. This proved to be much more difficult than I want to admit. Took Frank for a walk and he was almost, but not quite, missing her as much as me.

So I did what any good geek would do in this situation and wrote much code for my new secret empire.

Saturday was drinks with Fluffy and a bunch of lovely people, old and new. So many awesome friends, and I owe it all to technology.


What else? Oh, talked to my Dad, who is mental. And hare-brained. So we all know who to blame for my hare-brainedness. He is an academic and is taking an interest in KP's research, which is scary. Dad is a psychologist by trade and therefore labours under the delusion that he is a scientist (psych over-compensates for not actually being a science by adhering rigourously to the scientific method). KP is a cultural theorist and so is therefore quite brazenly not scientific at all.

The twain, as they say, will never meet.

At various family functions I have often wanted a normal family, one who will talk about football or something and not engage in vigourously protracted arguments about such family-favourite topics as the relationship between astrology, free-will and determinism.

4 comments:

dell said...

yikes, my family talk about music and food. hi toby!

mskp said...

i cannot WAIT for christmas.

*faints*

Bonnie Conquest said...

Well, it can't really beat the debates we had at mine LAST Christmas, eh, kp?

richardwatts said...

God, and I thought my family were strange! At least with them I only have to argue about politics with my ex-army right-wing Howard-voting uncles...