Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday Zeitgeist

Nothing to see here. Much work (for a change). Discussions of how BORING everything is here have led to my reincarnation as a copywriter. Let me say that when I was murmuring about how unchallenged I am technically, writing ads wasn't quite the new challenge I had in mind.
Damn it, Jim, I am a programmer not a marketeer.
We won Trivia at the East again last night. Current party stocks are now 3 cartons of beer and 1 bottle of wine. Another carton and we shall be ready to have a shindig. Oh, they're called slabs down here, aren't they?

The Zeitgeist is small this week. Given the work and all that. And hare-brained schemes. Oh the schemes.

  • Wolfenstein in 5K. Ah, Wolfenstein. How I loved you. Until Doom came along.
  • The Solar System has been rejiggered to have 12 planets.
  • Schwerpunkt is my new favourite word:
    In Blitzkrieg warfare, the point of greatest emphasis is called a schwerpunkt. It is the point, often identified by lower level commanders, where the enemy line may be pierced by an explosive combination of multiple weapon systems. Once the line is pierced, armored forces dive deep into enemy territory to disrupt command, control, and logistics systems. Once these systems are disrupted, the top-heavy military units they support collapse in confusion.
  • I bought another bike:

  • It was $230 and needs some work. I am going to learn how to fix stuff so when the Apocalypse comes I am ready.
  • Don't mention that there may not be any oil for running of the bikes.
  • Crush still refuses to promise that she and the kids and the dog will all be heading north when the Apocalypse finally arrives.
  • Dapper. API builder for any site. Or something.
  • 22 Comic Panels that always work.
  • Saxon Shore. You need to get you some of that.
  • Sorry it's all so lame.

6 comments:

Bonnie Conquest said...

kids!

mskp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elaine said...

1. yeah... are you trying to make an announcement, Toby?

2. are you reading books about the war?

3. what was it you were going to say but decided to delete, mskp?

4. there is no 4.

mskp said...

i was going to say that he's not taking frank.

Bonnie Conquest said...

unless he promises to pay all his vet bills..

Anonymous said...

hey, i AM a marketeer, not a programmer...

if they'll pay me, i'll learn nerdish.

i'm a quick study, tobes.

ps. the secret machines. if you don't love 'em already, get 'em. drum-heavy texas two piece that sound like led zeppelin jamming with my bloody valentine. sort of. in texas. if you don't have them, let me know and i'll... um, lend you my reference/backup disc. TO LISTEN TO ONLY!!!!!

ps. who let davethescot at your word verification? it's 'ochvibw'...