Thursday, June 28, 2007

Zeitgeist

Hi.

Not a lot to say. I was going to post this weeks Zeitgeist and then realised that I can't post my usual links of levity. The government has invaded the Northern Territory to complete the dispossession started two centuries ago. It's all pretty f*cked.

We're not sending doctors or counsellors or medicine or food or shelter. Just troops and police.

Oh, and the plan has come under strong attack from the man whose report inspired Howard to act.

Given what we know about the Stolen Generation, and paternal approaches to our indigenous communities in general, this is a shameful period in our history.

And all to get elected one more time.

2 comments:

mskp said...

will you marry me?

Anonymous said...

Who else would you send up there? The army is used for peace keeping missions all the time and if they help to keep children and woman safe from being abused then send in the troops, I say.