Friday, June 09, 2006

Act Like Picard

On Wednesday,as you may recall, I suggested that when faced with a moral decision, that my goal was to act like Jean-Luc Picard - to act with digity and honour, to act from a moral code of conduct befitting a Renaisssance Man*.

Fig 1: Good Picard

I also indicated that this weekend certain circumstances in my life may necessitate choosing between The Right and Wrong thing. Suffice to say that circumstances have already eventuated.

And do you think I managed to Act Like Picard?

Of course not.

I am Locutus of Borg.

Fig 2: Bad Picard



* I am not a Renaissance Man, but I would be if we lived in the Renaissance. And if I could paint. Or sculpt.

4 comments:

Rach said...

It's funny, because whenever I see Patrick Stewart I can only ever see a great flaming queen. I'm not trying to be mean, I just saw him in a rather obscure movie where he played the glorious old gay he is in real life. So if anyone was to ask me 'what would Picard do?' I'd probably erroneously conflate the character with the actor and reply 'lighten his loafers with a campari and soda.'

Seven of Nine is a completely different story.

dell said...

i'm sorry i didn't get to say more than hello the other night. did i even say hello? i was very enthralled by panel of judges and was plotting my proposal to two thirds of the band...

are you having lady issues... like issues with the ladies?

you'll be right you big sci-fi nerd.

msanni said...

i like the idea that moral decisions are about the kind of person that we aim to be, rather than the act itself being right/wrong.

elaine said...

The borg are cooler than Good Picard anyway. Boring old schmuck.

You. Will. Be. Assimilated.